
The frogs!
There must have been hundreds of them in the marshy area around the wooden walkway during our retreat on Whidbey Island.
Every evening and morning, the LOUD Kermit family serenade brought a non-stop smile to my face. We could hear them from the building where we ate dinner. And when we walked on the boardwalk, we walked amidst the choir of frogs.
It's a rare moment when this Colorado girl gets to hear the Frogalujah Chorus.
It sounded like this:
(for the effect most like the experience I had, turn your sound up as loud as it will go).
On my last night on the island, we all met for singing meditation. During a pause in our singing, FROGS continued the chorus while being accompanied by the beautiful hooting of an owl.
Oh. Life doesn't get any better than that.
Loved the frog's singing meditation ... turned the volume up LOUD as instructed and I was almost there with you and Kermit.
ReplyDeleteHi Carol,
ReplyDeleteCame through via Angel (sis) and very cool pic of frogs ...
Love
Sunshine(sabi)
I think it is very great to see lots of frogs, especially because they are increasingly rare - glad for you!!!
ReplyDeleteDancing,
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining me in the Froggy meditation!
Sunshine,
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting! You have a very special family.
Otowi,
ReplyDeleteI agree. I miss frogs a lot.
You're back! Great photo. Officer Friendly was fond of Whidbey Island so i noticed the photo label. Welcome back.
ReplyDeleteHi Carol. This post reminded me of our journey from TX to IA a year ago. We camped near a frog pond. It was rather like hearing the Tibetan monks chant. Thanks for the memories. Love to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteG.G.,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the welcome!
I can understand why Officer Friendly would like Whidbey. It's an easy place to like! So beautiful.
Hey B.E.,
ReplyDeleteAhhhh.. yeah. They are like monks chanting, aren't they? When I was walking amongst the frogs, I wondered how I would ever be able to convey the amazing sound. It sounds like you know it well.
Love back at ya!