Anyway, here are a few short ones that stood out today:
Empires rise and fall like the abdomen of God.
It's just the universe breathing.
- Scoop Nisker
The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.
- Henry Miller
Freedom breeds freedom. Nothing else does.
- Anne Roe
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.
- Jean-Paul Sartre
I refuse to be intimidated by reality anymore.
What is reality? Nothing but a collective hunch.
- Lily Tomlin
Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- John Watson
And lastly, when I Googled "Scoop Nisker", I found his site which has the following quote at the top of the page:
Happy 200th Birthday to Charles Darwin! The greatest gift of evolution is a spiritual message: You are not your fault!
- Scoop Nisker
Oh, what a relief!
May 2010 hold much love and many growth-producing adventures for you!
Thanks for sharing these quotes. They are great! Inspiration to strive for, eh?
ReplyDeleteParticularly liked the blade of grass one!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you both xx
Thanks for stopping by, Gram! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteDancing,
ReplyDeleteYou are a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent woman. Henry Miller knew what he was talking about!
Happy New Year to you and Mr. Dancing!
Those are wonderful, Carol. I really like the Henry Miller quote; I think it is a shame that most people pay so little attention of anything.
ReplyDeleteAlex says, "Happyz Newz Yearz" to Buddha woofie doggies and you.
I says the same thing in "hoomin bean wanguage." OK?