Yesterday I stood with our Women in Black vigil and was reminded once again how the atmosphere around our vigil is always different during this time of year. Each year at this time, our corner becomes a party, a community. More traffic, more smiles, more waves and honks and thank you's.
And I've been feeling different lately. More emotional and susceptible to tears. More in love with the world and with life. More grateful.
I'm wondering... does the absence of light during the winter months mess with our hormones?
These changes I experience and see around me can't be due to the upcoming celebration of the birth of the Prince of Peace. A birth is just a birth. If all of this was about the person, we would feel peace and goodwill to all every day of the year, right?
I hope to someday discover this hormone that drenches us about this time each year so that I can mass produce it and spread it around every day. Maybe I'll figure out a way to inject it into our DNA (stranger things are occurring as I type).
But, really, could we stand to feel this much love all of the time?
No comments:
Post a Comment