There has come the time when the only "wise one" that I can lean on is inside me. No teacher, no parent, no friend has the answer.
Now the monkey bars are spaced too far apart and I can't keep holding on to the last one while grabbing the next one. It's time to trust the air between them.
Sorry to be so cryptic. There is nothing figured out, nothing definitive to write about. All the churning is going on inside me. In some ways, I'd say this is not a pretty place. But when I stand back, it is amazingly poignant, beautiful and honest. This may be the most honest place I have ever visited.
I thought this trip was mostly about finding myself, but I didn't realize that the finding would possibly happen before I left the house.
I have found that the Threshold Guardian never fails to show up whenever we set our mind on a goal. Testing, testing, testing the mettle!
ReplyDeleteWe are watching your journey (at all phases) with interest, encouragement, and love. You will come to the right decision, or it will come to you.
You are doing quite a bit inner work, Carol. As Sam Keen taught me 30 or so years ago, it usually isn't the destination that is important; it is how we trek to it. Or, again from Sam, the answer to a well formed question always leads to another question.
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend.