Prescription for when things feel out of balance:
Take one solo hike as often as necessary in order to alleviate symptoms.
Infinite number of refills.
No ill side effects.
I hiked alone today at the open space park that I love so much. I passed one runner. Other than that, I was THE LONE HIKER, except for the magpies and gulls and little creek.
It has been very dry here - we may break all records for lack of moisture this time of year. There are two creeks that run through my open space park. I say "run", but truthfully, they are now just trickles. But I love the sound of trickling.
Mr. CFP recently bought me a little flip cam and I brought it with me today and recorded the beautiful sound of the dancing creek. You can hear it here:
I didn't follow paths the whole time I was at the park. I followed the lead of my body. I threw rocks on the lake. They broke through the thin skin of ice and took with them my frustrations and anger and sadness.
I was alone and yet I have never felt so enveloped and embraced.
You would have liked it, I think.
Ok!!!! Now we're talking. I love my Flip Camera. I use it all the time@!!!!
ReplyDeleteI use it for still photos, too. You can run the film, and cut photos.
Thanks for sharing your hike with us, too. I would have loved it!
Well, G.G., I'd love to see a video from you sometime!
ReplyDeleteI need to learn some editing so's I can become a fine film-maker.
You WOULD have loved the hike!
Yes, Carol, I would have loved it! Now that I'm getting around better, I look forward to following your prescription often (as soon as it warms up a bit).
ReplyDelete