Sunday, June 20, 2010

So Happy Together

We had barely arrived in the town where we will be staying this week when Mr. CFP and I came upon this big dark gray thing on the road. It took a few seconds to register in my brain that it was a HUGE snapping turtle. How do you write the sound of the squealing of brakes applied with urgency? I say it something like ErrrrErrrrErrrr! But I don't know how to write it. We pulled over and checked out this mini-dinosaur-looking creature.







Later, we took our first beach walk/hat test. The breeze kept trying to steal my hat.



No schedule for today yet. After all, it's vacation time!

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

6 comments:

  1. The hat looks great on you, despite having to hold it on with your hand. I have a bright pink one very similar to yours! And that turtle . . . WOW! The beach looks pretty inviting. It that the same beach were you'll stand on the 26th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. G.G.,

    Thanks!

    If we ever get to meet, we'll have to have a meeting of the hats.

    I thought that we would be on this beach for the Hands Across the Sand event, but I now know that I'll be participating on Duxbury Beach. It will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a big. black hat! Great! Enjoy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of you walking on the beach.

    I rather enjoyed the sound effects of the brakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you encountered him along the road instead of in the water!

    That's a great hat- it's no wonder the wind wanted it for himself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to see if I can post a oink hat photo. Honest to goodness, yesterday I went looking for a pink purse to match the hat. Luckily I stopped myself!

    ReplyDelete