I'm home.
The faux skunk (a.k.a. Buddha, the dog) is sitting on the floor next to me.
I AM NOT ready to come back from vacation!!!
I just got done giving Buddha what I am guessing is his 4th bath in the last week. Getting him into the tub is like trying to drag a mule somewhere where he has no intention of going. Sill, I managed to succeed all by myself!
This morning, my mom told me what Housesitter Son hasn't told me yet - that Buddha got skunked AGAIN a couple of days ago.
Twice in one week.
This smell is the gift that keeps on giving.
I'm wondering where the little black-and-white-striped stinkin' sprayer animal is living and I'm a little intimidated at the thought of trying to find out.
I could possibly live with the smell of eau de skunk for as long as necessary (not enjoying it, but there ARE worse things) but I have a gathering scheduled to take place here this coming weekend.
Thinking about skunks, the song below comes to mind - even though our little friend is not dead in the middle of the road.
Welcome home. I hope the air quality improves before your scheduled gathering. If it doesn't, you could hand out swimming nose clips as party favors . . . maybe.
ReplyDeleteBuddha seems to have learned nothing from his first encounter. That's probably not a good sign. ;)
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwww. Twice in one week. Perhaps buddha is enjoying this a little. Lol
ReplyDeleteG.G.,
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Hmmmm... nose clips. Worth considering except for the fact that this is our first full interreligious gathering so we'll all be speaking of our spirituality. Of course our imposed nasal tonality could lighten things up a bunch! ;-)
Thomas,
ReplyDeleteI think that he's a "victim of circumstance" - trapped in a yard that may have recently either been visited multiple times by a stinkin' guest or else he's trapped in a yard where some odiferous animal has secretly taken up residence. Either way, until the mystery is solved, I'm paranoid about letting him out in the dark.
A & N,
ReplyDeleteIf he's enjoying it, he's not putting together that skunk = bath. And that is a possibility. Oh my... it could be a long summer! ;-)
Enjoyed the song! So ... living in a skunk-free country (apart from zoos?) WHAT do they smell like?
ReplyDeleteOh, Dancing.
ReplyDeleteThe smell of skunk is nothing that can be described. Hmmmm... depending on one's sensitivities, it can burn the nose or it can make one's nose curl up. Too bad we don't have the ability to post smells on YouTube!
Here is one person's opinion: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_skunks_smell_like
Mmmm .... I'm thinking I'm glad smells can't be posted on YouTube! Will you be getting out the mothballs if they smell as bad to the skunk, as the skunk smells to you?
ReplyDeleteDancing,
ReplyDeleteI've read that mothballs don't work - and they are toxic. Don't want Mr. Buddha around them.
It seems that there is no sure cure for skunks deciding to be neighbors OR for their non-You-Tubable scent!
Carol: Interreligious gathering, eh? Nose clips AND incense then!
ReplyDelete