Monday, June 14, 2010

Impermanent Joy #4

Family.

They may make us crazy sometimes, but they are a gift.


Family photo taken at my daughter's wedding in 2001. Ex-in-laws, current in-laws, ex-husband, current husband, son, daughter and many more.

Impermanent: One divorce has occurred since the photo was taken. One person has passed on since then. Three of the young'uns have graduated from high school. I've gotten old.

Nothing appears to ever stay the same.

The thread that runs through it all is love.

5 comments:

  1. Great photo! I think I have a photo of me in an outfit similar to one of those shown. You look lovely!

    As for things never staying the same - isn't there a well known French saying

    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
    (the more things change the more they stay the same)

    I think ex in-laws = outlaws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh... I want to see your photo, Dancing!

    Regarding outlaws: Here in the Wild West, we consider outlaws to be the bad guys. My ex-in-laws are wonderful people. But they might enjoy being known as the outlaws... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great photo. Is that you up on the left with the gold laceing on the front?

    ReplyDelete
  4. G.G.,

    Yep! That's me! It was about 100 degrees that day and some of us were in too-hot-for-the-weather clothes. We don't look melted at all, though, do we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No visible melting. Wow! If that had been me, it wouldn't have been the melting I'd have to hide. I would have to be my crabby attitude. I don't do well in that kind of heat. I had to blow up the photo a bit to see if I could pick you out, though.

    ReplyDelete