Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer POTH #6

Judy Collins singing, Who Knows Where the Time Goes?, comes to mind.  I've missed another three days.  I'm a slacker.  What can I say?  Slacking brings me happiness.  :-)

I love this assignment which invites me to think of the things that inspire happiness in my life.  Thanks, G.G.!



6-29-12 I love love LOVE getting mail - of the personal variety.





The first two beets we pulled from our garden this year.  After a bath, they went straight into our juicer with carrots, celery, broccoli, ginger, and apple.  

YUM!

6 comments:

  1. Oh the beets are beautiful! And your note about personal mail reminds me that there are people I want to make happy by doing just that. Thanks for the nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly don't know where the time goes. Today as I was making a cake for my 2 year old grandson, I couldn't help recalling EXACTLY the cake I made for his Dad at the same age ... a sponge with a dirt track (chocolate buttercream icing in the shape of a 2) and a blue jeep-style vehicle going along it.

    Time speeds by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G.G.,

    Your nudge is nudging me. I am in CA, and I think that I'll buy some postcards tomorrow to send to a few people. Too bad that postcards seem to take a long time to travel, and I'll probably get home before they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing,

    Awwww... Happy Birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beats! I've been reaping my garden harvest and it's been SO very yummy.

    A while back I had an idea that it would be fun to do a mail exchange with friends. You know, a short hand written note or card sent via snail mail to a friend who would in turn, send one back. I love that kind of mail and it seems so much more personal than email and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,

    Your garden is producing some photogenic vegetables!

    I like your idea of the mail exchange. I wonder if anyone I know would take the time to do that. Guess it doesn't matter... I can send more mail myself.

    ReplyDelete