Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer POTH #1

Ah.  I'm cracking myself up.

My cousin, Larry Blackwood, Master Photographer, sends out a POTD (Picture Of The Day) each day.  In response to my summer assignment, assigned by one, Ms Goodnight Gram (how's that for laying the blame on someone besides myself?), I have created the POTH (Photo Of The HAPPY.  It could also be Photo Of The Beautiful, but since for me Beautiful = Happy, I'll stick with my original plan).

I love the idea of a POTH!

I'm a little behind on this.  I have taken a photo every day, but I haven't posted any of them yet.  The assignment indicated that I was to keep them for a Power Point at the end of the summer.  That won't work for me.  I need to post them every once in awhile as I go along.  It takes patience to keep them all hidden until the end of the summer - patience that I don't seem to have.  Plus, I'm old enough to make up some of my own rules.

Let the unveiling begin.  Here are my HAPPY photos for the past four days:



  6-8-12 ~ On my front porch




 
 6-9-12 ~ In my office




 6-10-12  ~ My daughter suggested that I photograph my cellphone, because it makes us happy that we can talk with each other A LOT.  (I just happened to catch Mr. Lion sneaking a call in on my phone.)


 



6-11-12 ~ I am a Swiss Chardaholic (and don't tell me I need Swiss Chardaholics Anonymous - I'm happy this way!).  We have a whole 20 foot x 3 foot garden dedicated to this delectable vegetable.


The easiest part of this assignment will be to find things inspire happiness in me.  The hardest part will be remembering to photograph those happy things every day.  



I am a kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.  - J. D. Salinger



10 comments:

  1. Lovely post Carol. I enjoy the photos of the plants in your garden.

    That Goodnight Gram has a lot to answer for - a photo a day - 1,000 origami paper cranes!

    I smiled when I saw Kermit on your bookshelf - my daughter's Kermit is on the bookshelf in the bedroom where Little Man Dancing sleeps when he is here. I love that he (ours anyway) has velcro hands (feet for tis a frog!) which makes him able to hug anything.

    Mixing with friends and family at the wedding, I can say I agree with Mr Salinger's quote.

    I particularly like the vibrant colours and vein patterns on the Swiss Chard - you might like to know that there is a place in Somerset called Chard - I only mention this because I think of it whenenver I see the relating vegetable!

    Enough rambling - time for you to take another POTB/POTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Whenenver"??? I must have been thinking of where you live, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh, I love your happy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And btw, I have a vegetable photo I took the other day that made me happy. I planted (or rather mr foam planted while I stood by and handed him stuff) ONE rhubarb plant. I just might post it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dancing,

    Unfortunately, my Kermit is velcro-less/hugless. So sad...

    I guess the chard that comes from the place in Somerset is called English chard???

    (I didn't know that G.G. was the culprit behind the 1,000 crane idea. She comes up with them, doesn't she?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foam,

    I actually started drooling when I read about your rhubarb plant. I miss rhubarb! It just isn't that great without sweetener, and I have given up all sweeteners for lent/life. :-(

    I hope you get to enjoy a strawberry rhubarb pie (or something else rhubarby) for me this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes 2 years to mature. We will have to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. That's a long time to drool...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahem . . . may I cut in to all the blaming going on here?

    You cracked me up. Thanks for the laughs, the wonderful pix, the chard, the rhubarb talk . . . and Dancing's cranes brought tears of wonder and joy to my eyes cuz they were in the flowers TOO!

    I need to speak to foam, too, it seems. Foam: try the rhubarb daiquiri recipe - with or without the rum!

    Carol, I love chard, too. I have a chard recipe collection. Mine is coming up, but my 'lawn ornaments' have nipped at that pot, too.

    Happy photo-taking! Thanks for sharing them. YOur pix and all the comments started my day off with a lot of 'happy.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, G.G. You heard us talking about you! :-)

    I can certainly understand that lawn ornaments would enjoy chard. Four-leggeds with good taste.

    And my day started off with a lot of "happy" from reading your comment!

    ReplyDelete