Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer POTH #4

My Photo of the Happys for the last four days:



6-18-12:  The evening light shining through the trees and on the bushes.  Most evenings, we eat dinner on our back porch and watch the light show.  I love it!



6-19-12:  My hands (both hands, even though we can only see one here due to the fact that the other one was busy with a camera). When I was still practicing massage therapy, while working on a client's hands, I would often be taken back to when that person was a small child.  I would see their hands as those of  the baby they once were, and then I would see many of the things that those hands had done throughout the years.  The stories their hands would tell!



6-20-12: Finches nesting under our eaves.  This is the fourth finch family to be incubated and raised at our home this year.  Pardon the poop - Ms. Finch is not a good housekeeper.  We're thinking that this batch is being raised by Momma as a single parent as there haven't been any sightings of Dad for a while.
Update:  Tonight while we were eating dinner out on the porch, Dad flew up and landed on the curve of the drainpipe (which you can't see here, but it's close to the nest).  He sat there for about a minute, looking at Mom.  Then Mom flew out of the nest to some unknown location where moms go for respite.  As soon as Mom flew out of the nest, Dad flew into it.  It was so beautiful to watch!

About half a minute later, Dad flew away, too.  Here Mom was thinking that the kids were safe with Dad, but nooooooooo.
He and I have got to have a talk.



6-21-12:  Me.
Happy Birthday to me!




2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! xxxx

    Dancing merrily for your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dancing!

    I love the picture I have in my mind of you dancing merrily! So very joyous. I think I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete