Did you know that the park is also called Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park because, in 1932, Glacier National Park in Montana, U.S. and Waterton Park in Alberta, Canada were joined together to become the world's first international peace park? Pretty cool, eh? Maybe we can create a big peace park between us and Mexico now???
I have a few photos that came out alright. Below are a couple photos of mountain goats, taken on the trail that leads to Hidden Lake. I swear the baby goat knew it was cute so it posed sweetly for us.


Below you can see Hidden Lake. We did hike all the way down to it, but I like this photo from above the best.

Fact: In 1850, Glacier Park had 150 glaciers. Today there are 26.
"To borrow a phrase from a well-known pop musician, this could become be the Park Formerly Known as Glacier." - Al Gore
I've never been there - it looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos! I love the one of the lake ....
ReplyDeleteHope you and Mr CfP had a great time... it's good to have you back.
CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome home! I am feasting and will feasting on the photos of your expedition.
ReplyDeleteOtowi,
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing. Well, actually, it's beyond amazing. I highly recommend it.
Thanks Dancing,
ReplyDeleteWe had a perfect time. Everything was perfect. Wow - I couldn't have asked for more.
Kat,
ReplyDeleteThank you! They really are beautiful, aren't they? This earth we live on... spectacular!
Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)
I hope that I am able to share, at least to some extent, the beauty of it all.
Welcome back! I bet you had a wonderful time:-)The goats look so cute! Good photography! Hope I would be able to visit this place some day...
ReplyDeleteAnd the fact about glaciers is really alarming!:-o
Thank you, Novice!
ReplyDeleteI, too, hope that you can visit Glacier Park someday. It's good for the soul.
Yes, with the loss of the glaciers, we will see the loss of so much that depends on the water that comes from summer melts. Sad...
Hi Carol, I'm getting caught up here and feasting on the BEAUTY! Just wanted to mention that there is a peace park in El Paso/Juarez: Chamizal. It has a fascinating history! Since the Rio Grande is the international border--and a river runs wild--a big dispute resulted with the river changed course: who did the land belong to now? It took YEARS to resolve, and they finally turned the disputed land into a peace park, with some of the land in each nation.
ReplyDeleteB.E.,
ReplyDeleteYou made my day! Thanks for telling me that!
I hope you are well and enjoying the last weeks of summer.