Monday, February 21, 2011

Beauty #6

This one (the last rhodie I'll share) is for GoodnightGram.  (She'll know why.)  My purple rhodie photos didn't come out so well, so I played with Photoshop on this one.  I didn't do it justice, but it's kind of fun. 






"A flower's fragrance declares to all the world that it is fertile, available, and desirable, its sex organs oozing with nectar.  Its smell reminds us in vestigial ways of fertility, vigor, life-force, all the optimism, expectancy, and passionate bloom of youth.  We inhale its ardent aroma and, no matter what our ages, we feel young and nubile in a world aflame with desire."
 

-   Diane Ackerman,  A Natural History of the Senses


G.G., check this out:  The Purple Store  I think I could have fun there - how about you?

8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of GG and humming Purple Haze as I type this!

    Beautiful photos Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rhodie is beautiful, photoshopped or not. Thanks for thinking of me. And I checked the link to the purple store. Thanks for sending it. Funny thing is that the all purple day was neither habitual, nor well thought out. I suppose if rhodies can be purple head to toe, then I can too??? O dear . . . I may have to move without a forwarding address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing,

    I almost put a YouTube of Purple Haze on this post to go alongside the purple rhodie.

    Guess it's obvious the era we come from, eh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. G.G.,

    Your "move without a forwarding address" gave me a giggle.

    Purple is a regal and spiritual color. I love it. Nothin' wrong with wearing lots of it - just ask the people at the Purple Store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked out the purple store. The had a purse, you know. I didn't order it, but just knowing it's there gives me some sense of security.

    Purple Haze, eh? Check out the song I left for you on my blog today. http://goodnightgram.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/speaking-of-purple/

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the song, G.G. I'm truly enjoying this purple - and thinking that I'm lacking in the purple attire department. May have to seriously do some looking at that Purple Store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read that Ackerman book. It's wonderful. If you haven't seen it, you'd like a documentary by the man who wrote The Omnivore's Dilemma. Can't remember how to spell his last name, or the name of the documentary, but he talks about tulips, and potatoes, and other species, who seek to control us even as we think we control them. It's lush and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. San,

    The Botany of Desire. Yes, I've read the book and seen the film. LOVED THEM BOTH!

    You are right - lush and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete