Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beauty #1

A couple of years ago, we visited with a woman who lives on Whidbey Island.  An important aspect of her life is her love affair with rhododendrons.  When I first heard of this love of hers, I was a bit bewildered.  How could anyone have a love affair with a type of flower?

While we were on Whidbey, the woman took us to Meerkerk Rhododendron Gardens and then to a private garden.

Oh, my!  I got it!  I could see why someone would be in love with rhododendrons.  Well, sort of...

Last night as I went through my photos looking for some Buddha shots to send to a friend, I got so much enjoyment out of looking at the beauty of these graceful flowers that I thought I would share some of them over the next few days.







Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.



 - Rumi

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo Carol.

    Love the Rumi too.

    Need to reply to your email - apologies for delay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the flower photo. You sure know how to show them well. We're too far away from spring to imagine anything blooming here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing,

    Thanks! And no apologies needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G.G.,

    These flowers are so beautiful that it's easy for them to show well.

    I got to hankerin' for some spring - maybe that's what caused my drive to revisit the rhodies.

    ReplyDelete