Feeling the need for some outside perspective, I called a woman I have never met, but who came highly recommended. I was feeling stuck in childhood stories - the unfinished stories that can come up when we find ourselves smack dab in the middle of family once again. After living independently for so long, only dancing in and out of family via short visits of dinners and holidays, this intense one-on-oneness, this role-reversalness that has occurred since my mom broke her shoulder, well, it has all brought up feelings that take me back into my tumultuous teen years. Daily heaviness, sadness, and tears have been my shadow.
As I hoped it would do, my session with the stranger gave me the nudge I needed in order to remember the important things that I already know.
And part of the prescription that I left with:
Drink lots of good water
Eat lots of good food
Get lots of rest
Laugh a lot
Okay. I don't need to do research to be sure that there are no bad side effects. I can comply 100%.
So... if you know any good jokes, feel free to contribute to my well-being. In fact, this world needs all of the laughter it can get, so spread your jokes far and wide.
Here is a dumb one that still gives me a smile:
I'm so happy I could dance up the stairs... but I'm a Fred Astaires.
I can give you my only joke
ReplyDelete"Did you hear about the magic tractor?"
"It was trundling down the road when it turned into a field"
Carol: My brother recently sent me a link to one of his favorite pick-me-up videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GhQWeZSg9U If nothing else, watch it and then try tie Roman Numerals. It's kinda fun singing " I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII . . . " as fast as you can.
ReplyDeleteOr - this one that I made up:
Gram to Goodnight: Do you like my yodeling feet?
Goodnight: What do you mean, 'yodeling feet?"
Gram: (singing like a yodeler) "Old Laaaay-deeeee-shoes"
um .. err... the one joke that had me giggling the other day was a blond joke on youtube .. :)
ReplyDeleteyou wanna i should send the link if i can still find it?
Dancing,
ReplyDeleteThe groan factor of your joke is almost as high as the groan factor of mine! I love it!!!
Thanks! :-)
G.G.,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the video (which was good for a lot of smiles) and the yodeling joke. Now, can you send me a video of you doing your "Old Laaaay-deeeee-shoes" yodel???
Foam,
ReplyDeleteSure, if it's REALLY good! You know I've always been a blond and it takes a lot to get me to think that makin' fun of my fellow blonds is a funny thing to do. Give 'er a try, if you can easily find it. Thanks!
It's not a joke, just a little song, but it always cheers me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV_V8wZsiDk
ReplyDeleteThanks Thomas.
ReplyDeleteDon't you worry 'bout a thang, cuz every little thang's goin' to be alright. Do do do DO do.
nah, can't find it. it was a cute little snippet of a video.. the video was actually brought to my attention by a naturall blond friend of mine. should i ever come across it again i'll forward it to you and see what you think.
ReplyDeletenatural with one l .. geesh ..
ReplyDeleteFoam,
ReplyDeleteFunny, I was just thinking about you and your blond joke this morning. I decided to let go of any attachments to the fact that blond jokes are about blonds. They really usually describe something about the human condition. Plus, it's Lighten Up Month here at the Carol household! ;-)