Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lord, I Was Born a Travel'in (Wo)Man

Here I am. On the East Coast. Where the air is heavy, where I actually SWEAT in the shade, and where I hear the sounds of birds whose names I don't know. We haven't landed on the Cape yet, but we're on our way.

I miss my Buddha dog. He always knows what those big blue things mean - the things that his mom and dad get out of the garage and fill full of their stuff before THEY LEAVE HIM. As we walk out the door and tell him we'll be gone awhile, but we'll be back, as we tell him that his favorite step-brother will be there with him, he barely makes eye contact and he pouts to make us feel as guilty as possible. He is in good hands, though. My favorite man, next to Mr. CFP, will be staying there with him.

After we arrived last night, I got to meet my newest niece, an almost two-year-old who already knows a thing or two about a thing or two. When it was time for her to leave, she wasn't at a point where she would give me a hug yet, but I did get a high five (completely her idea). I hope that I don't fall in love. If I fall in love with a young'un, it's too hard to leave because I miss being around to see all the growing and changing. But then again, it does a heart good to keep falling in love. I think I'll risk it.


I am loved.

The night before we left, my two favoritest young people took us out to dinner.

7 comments:

  1. Oh poor Buddha - did you leave him chasing his tail, I wonder?

    Good to know you've arrived on the East Coast - and if you don't post beforehand have a WONDERFUL birthday.

    Incidentally I love the photo of your with your 2 favouritest (English spelling!) young people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Dancing.

    Buddha is ALWAYS willing to chase his tail! ;-)

    Even though it has more letters, I do like your English spelling best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great time!

    It's always refreshing to see different sights and different people, to break the routines and habits for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Thomas!

    I'm trying to give myself over to this opportunity for a break in routines and habits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's so sweet, the photos, the two-year-old that you're gonna fall in love with, your happy smile . . . Birthday wishes from here to there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, G.G.!

    I am sooooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am smiling at your joy, although my eyes are sad thinking about Buddha.

    ReplyDelete