"Say yes to difficulties; they are not obstacles on the path; they are the path."
- Ezra Bayda
- Ezra Bayda
I frequently say that the Buddha dog is my teacher. Through example he teaches me acceptance, joy, and love.
Somehow I have failed to give teaching credentials to Ms. Kitty. Until now. Ms. Kitty, who turned 20 in March, is a master teacher and I am just now realizing that.
I don't know if Buddha harmed Ms. Kitty Saturday night. There were no witnesses. Buddha has been known to suddenly decide that he's the herder, lunging at a kitty that he thinks needs to be going a different direction, but he's never hurt her. Saturday night, there was a sound. I don't know what the sound was. I do know that Ms. Kitty's hind end didn't look quite right afterward. She was already getting weaker in the hind end and she suddenly looked worse. She wouldn't climb up into her favorite chair - the one she sleeps on 22/7.
Since then, Ms. Kitty has taken to sleeping on a rug in Mr. Carol For Peace's office. This is new. She knows that she can no longer get on her chair and she's not even trying to do it anymore.
Still, she purrs anytime we get near her or hold her.
She NEVER complains about anything. NEVER.
She is pure love, sweetness and acceptance.
She knows no obstacles. When the hind end fails, sleep on the rug on the floor. No comment, just do what's there.
She is melting.
And so is my heart.
The sudden death of our neighbor, the deterioration of my dad's mind and health, Kitty melting away. My heart is not only melting, it's breaking.
And this is the path. None of it is an obstacle. Walking right into it and seeing how natural, how beautiful - it is ALL the path.
I'm so grateful to be here for this.
Alex and I hold Ms. Kitty in our hearts. We both are concerned for the dear elderly lady and pray that her disability is temporary.
ReplyDeleteYes, Ms. Kitty is a mentor and I believe we have much to learn from the little one.
Prayers for Ms. Kitty - it is hard on all when animals age - but they do it so much more gracefully than we do.
ReplyDeleteOh Carol ... why do these things always seem to come together at the same time?
ReplyDeleteSending hugs xxx
During a bad patch someone once said to me:
ReplyDelete"Don't be sad, but if you must be sad then find your heart in it."
Life draws on our compassion all the time, especially when it's fleeting nature is so evident.
You're a good soul Ms Peace Carol.
We're purring fur Miss Kitty...
ReplyDeleteNick, Thank you!
ReplyDeleteOtowi, You are right. Watching Ms. Kitty is good training for me.
Dancing, Thank you. I think that maybe the lessons wouldn't be so poignant and obvious if they didn't bunch up.
Gary, Thanks for sharing those nice words. I am trying to stay conscious of "finding my heart in it".
Z,S,& S, Thank you so much for stopping by and for your purrs. Ms. Kitty purrs back. Aaahhhh... the world is a beautiful place (or as Mr. Carol For Peace says - "a Purrful place")when it's filled with purrs.
I'm sorry to hear you're having hard times. In spirit, I'm right there with you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Thomas. That means a lot.
ReplyDeleteI comeded by 2 purrz 2 Ms. Kitty. OK?
ReplyDeleteHello. I'm here via Alex the cat's blog. I am so sorry Miss Kitty isn't feeling well and so sorry you've been having such a hard time. My thoughts, and those of Simi the dog, are with you both. Love from Sicily xx
ReplyDeleteAlex,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the purrz! Ms. Kitty sends you purrz back!
Welshcakes,
ReplyDeleteHow thoughtful! Thank you for stopping by and for your good wishes! Ms. Kitty says "Meow" to Simi the dog.