Friday, April 24, 2009

Ooooooh, Baby!

Mom Owl was out shopping. Dad, after hanging out late last night, was napping in a nearby tree. And the two young'uns were left alone at home. With no parents to contend with, my job as a peeping Thomasina was nice and easy today.

How do kids grow up so fast???

A few days ago, they were little puff balls. Now, they look like awkward adolescents.


The precocious and out-going child


The outgoing child with shy little sister or brother peering out from behind.
(With thanks to my rock star son for editing out the little branch that was in front of little owl's face.)



Kool-Aid tree. (I don't know what they are called, but they fill the air with the aroma of Kool-Aid that is so strong, I can almost taste it.)

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Peace & Love to you!

9 comments:

  1. I'm almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos by the way ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing,

    Yay!!!

    Thanks!

    I'm going to email you for more info regarding your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have those trees here, too. They are pretty, but make me sneeze something awful.

    Thanks for sharing the pictures of the owls. I'm sure they'd nip me if I tried, but I sure want to pet the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the sneezing, Thomas.

    I know what you mean about petting the baby owls, but I hear mom and dad can be pretty ferocious when someone gets near the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! The owl pics are wonderful. Thank you, Carol, for giving me a peek at them!

    It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, too: 76 F and just a bit overcast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed them, Otowi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't the babies so CUTE, Nick?

    Today is a beautiful, wet and very cool day in this neighborhood. I hope that you can get out in the warm weather that you have.

    ReplyDelete