Today.
Day 2 (of 2)
Today is the day of the Portrait. This is BIG!
Photos of moi have historically been all the excuse necessary to create a flood of extreme critiques.
Loving the lined faces of others, I find this face I wear to be, well, a bunch of unappreciated lines.
Seeing the beauty and soul in the eyes of others, I don't even notice those when looking at my face. I only see those LINES.
It's as if as long as I don't see myself, you can look at me and not see me, either. But when I see myself, the truth is exposed.
Today the truth will be exposed. I have no choice (other than putting my face on the heating pad and feigning fever).
No. I'm going to face the truth, dammit!
Besides, I just found a video to help me learn How To Look Great in Photographs, he he...
humor
ReplyDelete&
good tips, too
you'll be ready for a vogue spread in no time!
have fun :)
/t.
I think many women don't like how they look in photos. I don't. My mom has hated how she looks since she got sick and lost weight - she says it makes her look old and she doesn't feel pretty at all anymore. She doesn't like to buy clothes or anything like she used to. We are our own worst critics - from anyone else's eyes we may be beautiful or pretty, but why are we always unhappy with our own skins?
ReplyDeleteInteresting little video ... thought it was funny how they didn't actually SAY the word "debuted" which was on the last bit ... is THAT really a word?
ReplyDeleteAnyhow Carol, I have photos of you and I think you look great!
Almost none of those tips are possible at the DMV. :)
ReplyDeleteah ha ha ha ...
ReplyDeletenow i know what was wrong with the pics a relative took of me this weekend while we were at a music festival.
did the assignment say portrait or self-portrait?
/t.
ReplyDeleteI flunked "How To Look Great in Photographs 101". I don't think that I applied any of the tips offered in the video.
I never was good at following directions...
Otowi,
ReplyDeleteWe ARE our own worst critics. The teacher of this workshop is in the process of writing a book about that subject. It sounds like it will be a good read and I'm looking forward to reading it.
(I had fun when you and I took photos of each other - I'm glad we let ourselves to that.)
Dancing,
ReplyDeleteYou are so observant! I had to work to find what you were talking about. How funny that they changed it!
It looks like debuted is a word. They just forgot to ask me the correct way to spell it.
Daybewed. Right?
(And thanks for your sweet words!)
Thomas,
ReplyDeleteOh man... I think my driver's license photos throughout the years have been the source of my photograph angst.
And of course, those are the photos that we get to show off the most often...
Foam,
ReplyDeleteWe can all be excused for our poor photo-ability. I don't know about you, but I was not offered this class anywhere along my educational experience.
We didn't do self-portraits. Thank God!!! Definitely would call for a fake fever.
Soon, I will share some of the results of my modeling debut and maybe some that I took of Mr. CFP (if he'll sign a release). ;-)
Carol (and Thomas, I guess), I'll tell you a secret about my DMV photo. I've been wearing the same shirt every time I renew my license - for long time now. I'm going to keep doing that as long as I can. It's a bright lime green turtleneck and it makes me nearly smirk when they snap the photo. This year the clerk noticed that I was wearing the same shirt as the one on the license when she clipped the corner off my old one.
ReplyDeleteBut I can't wait to see the results of the photo shoot!
'Cheese!'