Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Morning After

Thank you to all who contributed to our Friendship Bridge Dance Party! Because of you, there will be funds available to women in Guatemala so they can support their families. Because of you, education centers in Guatemala will be able to serve women who want to improve their lives.

As promised, here are a couple of photos of me boogying last night (Dance partner and personal shopping assistant: Diane).










From the Friendship Bridge website (bolding is mine): "57% of Friendship Bridge’s clients cannot read or write and the average number of years any client has attended school is 2.5. Although these women have little education, they have a great aptitude and desire to learn and better themselves. Friendship Bridge believes the best way to share important information with them is through the participatory education methods that it offers through its non-formal education program."

4 comments:

  1. Cool! even the hair has good motion! Hope it was as fun as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of you, Carol... I must find those dollars now that I am back from my little trip away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It WAS fun, Liz. You would have enjoyed it.

    I got my dancing needs met for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dancing! I hope you had fun with your mom and sis.

    ReplyDelete