Last week's hailstorm only happened once. It took about ten minutes. In my mind, it has happened at least 45 times (the "45 times" part is an inside joke). No, really, it's happened waaayyy more than 45 times inside this movie theater of a mind that shows re-runs quite often.
I do not desire suffering;
yet fool I am,
I desire the cause of suffering!
- Shantideva
yet fool I am,
I desire the cause of suffering!
- Shantideva
Right now, the birds are chirping outside my window and their sound is louder than the din of the morning rush-hour traffic. The second batch of babies is learning to fly and will be gone soon. (Wise parents nested in a hole in the eave where no wind, rain or hail can find them.) The sun is shining in my window. I want to do some window-washing (but I won't) as the sun reveals the parts that didn't get cleaned well (I can live with that today). The cool Colorado morning is heavenly, the coolness magnified by my barefeet and wet hair. Good morning!
Whenever and wherever there is beauty, this inner essence shines through somehow. It only reveals itself to you when you are present.
- Eckhart Tolle
- Eckhart Tolle
Saturday we had a relatively long, slow afternoon rain here. In the morning I had put out some leftover ravioli for any animal that might want to come eat it. I was surprised after the rain to find my back porch full of beautifully calling birds eating ravioli! Several different species, and my cockatiel was busy trying to talk to them. Then an alley cat decided to come eat ravioli too so they moved on - but it was a truly beautiful sound, all their calls.
ReplyDeleteIndigo Incarnates
ReplyDeleteWe had quite a pleasant rainstorm yesterday evening. Sometimes in Baltimore the weather gets so desperately dry. Sometimes the trees turn color early because there's no water left. But this year has been pretty good. The big tree in front of our house keeps getting bigger. Now it has pretty purple blossoms. I think it liked the rain.
I do the same thing, torture myself reliving the worst moments of my life over and over.
ReplyDeleteI like this post and the one before; they make good companion pieces.
Quite a few raindrops here and more forecast for tomorrow. I guess in England we should be used to it by now...
ReplyDeleteCarol, we've had cooling afternoon monsoons of late. And lots of birdsong. And the lavender in our front yard smells like heaven.
ReplyDelete