Remember my wonderful, marvelous, amazing Tibetan Bowl? The one I told you that "sings in at least 1,542 tones all at once"?
Well, we have learned that if one lies on their back and "gongs it" while it sits on their chest, their whole body resonates, especially from their chest to their head. It creates a deep, relaxing feeling.
We have learned that when placing it on bellies, the sound doesn't last so long - belly blubber is soft and stops the vibration.
When placing the bowl on the wood floor near our feet, then striking it, we feel a beautiful vibration in the soles of our soul.
The other night, we wondered what it would be like to "be inside" the bowl as it rang with its 1,542 tones.
It was other-worldly!
Disclaimer: Try this at your own risk. Side effects may include hearing loss, altered reality, and loss of friends due to the weirdness factor. Not recommended for children younger than 12 years old. Contact your doctor if you find yourself with your head in the bowl more than once a day or if any of the above side effects should occur. Tibetan bowl makers and the author of this blog are not liable for any conditions caused by the misuse of Tibetan bowls.

I nearly pee'd myself laughing at this! I love it! This is sooooo something I would do!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I think Mr CfP is waiting for the 1542nd tone!
ReplyDeleteBrilliantly fun post, Carol! Thank you. [:-)
ReplyDeleteB-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T! Made my day to read your post. Great pic of Mr. CFP. At least it was a Tibetan Bowl he has his head in and not a porcelain one . . . I hear they make noise too, but probably not as comforting. . . unless one likes that kind of water rush! You are so CLEVER!
ReplyDeleteSheri,
ReplyDeleteWe could have bowl head party! ;-)
Dancing,
ReplyDeleteI wonder if he heard it...
Nick,
ReplyDeleteHeh heh... Now you know how we spend our free time. ;-)
G.G.,
ReplyDeleteHmmmm... I have only bowed to the porcelain bowl when, um, things inside me are not going that well. I have never entertained the thought of LISTENING to the sound of a flush with my head in the bowl. Hmmmmm.. No, I think that I'll stick with the Tibetan Bowl!
ps. I came back just to giggle another time!
ReplyDeletenow i want a tibetan bowl too! i could go for altered reality. we do have a tibetan mandala painted by a tibetan monk but it's soundless. but maybe it's because i haven't listened that closely.
ReplyDeleteG.G.,
ReplyDeleteI'll let Mr. CfP know that he is the source of many giggles. (He always says that I don't laugh at his jokes, so he'll be happy to know that SOMEONE is laughing at/with him!)
Foam,
ReplyDeleteTibetan bowls are worth the cost. I love them! Lemme know if you are able to get altered by listening to your painting!
Might be that I'm laughing at him. Hard to tell with his face in the bowl. . .
ReplyDelete