Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Little Ms. Dharma

I shouldn't be writing this right now.  The Cutest Puppy In The World is asleep. 






This is my opportunity to clean the kitchen, deal with the papers on my desk, and pick up shredded newspaper that decorates the floor of the bedroom, hall, and my office.








It's actually really nice to be able to sit at this computer, uninterrupted and un-bitten, though.  The hands that type these words are polka-dotted with injuries from puppy teeth.  I am Swiss cheese.






It's a good thing that puppy faces, puppy bellies and the popcorn smell of puppy feet can win me over every time.


10 comments:

  1. Ah but she has her Kong (made up the road from you I think!)

    As for the biting ... I used to yelp like a dog when Puppy Kizzy bit me ... seemed to work okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, Dancing, you know my area better than I do. A Google search shows that you are right. They aren't far from me at all. I never knew that!!! Should I be embarrassed?

      I have now tried your yelping suggestion. It worked great for a few minutes. Then Dharma caught on to my bad acting. I will keep rehearsing. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, when foam mutt bit me I would mark a loud EH sound. She didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foam, thanks for your suggestion, also. I need people training. When Dharma is wound up, she doesn't take me seriously at all. She is only encouraged by my yells. I'll keep plugging away. I did manage to avoid any new holes in my hands today. Every time she got wound up, we would practice "sit" and "down". We did a lot of that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought of puppy training classes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cute" can make up for a whole host of problems, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, cute, beautiful, and handsome can also cause us to overlook undesirable qualities in humans, many times to our detriment. But with sweet puppies, it's okay to fall for "cute". :-)

      Delete
  6. She is lovely! And she will learn because she will be loved. YAY! So happy for you both (or, all three of you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. She is SO loved! Oh, my! And Carol is learning to become more Alpha. We've got a little Dharma teacher here.

      Delete