Today, as we did what has become our new normal hike - short and early in the morning to accommodate a Buddha dog whose age makes him the equivalent of an 80+ year old human - we saw BOTH an eagle and a hawk! Oh, happy day!
Of course, we had no binoculars with us and of course we didn't have our good cameras, but fortunately, Mr. CFP had his itty bitty camera with him.
Not a good photo, but you can see baby hawk's head poking up over the top of the nest. At one point, a squirrel was working its way to the nest. We thought for sure that Momma Hawk would come swooping down on him, but instead, baby hawk spread his wings and got real big, motivating the squirrel to go back down the tree.I wonder how long it's going to take to wipe this smile off of my face.


what heavenly sightings!
ReplyDelete:)
Wow! What fabulous photos! We don't get to see golden eagles here.
ReplyDeleteFoam,
ReplyDeleteYes! Who needs to dream of some future utopia when it's right here?
G.G.,
ReplyDeleteI rarely see golden eagles here, either. There was a time when, during January migration time (at least I assumed it was migration time), I would see bald eagles in this very same tree where the golden eagle was sitting yesterday. I haven't seen them in some time, but I still think of this as the eagle tree.
I would think of it as an eagle tree, too. What a site! And your lucky day. Did you take the shot on your banner? I always assume yes. The squirrel shot you had on before the current banner was stunning, too. I love your photos.
ReplyDeleteG.G.,
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Yes, all photos on my banner are photos that I've taken. I have fun looking through my albums for different ones to put up.
Wonderful, Carol! I love raptors! I have a least one print of an eagle or a falcon on the walls of every room in my house. (Here in the library I have three, plus two statuettes).
ReplyDeleteI so wish that I could get as close to those marvelous birds as you have been able to!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Nick,
ReplyDeleteI wish that you could get close to the birds, too.
Still, it sounds like you have many reminders of the beauty of the birds all around you.
How awesome!
ReplyDeleteAn Eagle and Hawk kind of day. We all need those once in a while to keep us smiling. The next best thing is reading about someone else's Eagle and Hawk Day. Thanks, Carol. :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining me in the day of the Eagle and Hawk, San!
ReplyDeleteI miss Buddha doggie.
ReplyDeleteAwwww... Me, too, Nick. Just had a good cry about him today, and it's been 4 months since he died. Heart still broken...
ReplyDeleteI understand and feel your tears, Carol.
ReplyDelete