
It all began with planting seeds in fertile soil. I didn't wait for anyone else to do it for me. I saw a need and I rose to the occasion. Sure, I asked for help along the way. We can't do it all alone. Others joined me in creating the perfect conditions for peas to become a reality.
It took time, but we just needed patience. We couldn't MAKE it happen. Peas took loving care and attending to. I had to trust that there is something bigger than me, bigger than all of us. That "something" is innately filled with life and, well, peas. I mean, all we did was plant the seed and care for it without ever giving up. The rest just seemed to happen.
Now that peas is a reality, we can't just sit back and think that our work is done. Although it seems to have a life of its own, it's still in its beginning stages and it needs attention and care. We have to nurture it and love it like we would our newborn baby. Trust me, it can be work at times, but we also have fun along the way. This is not just about the peas we will enjoy in the future. It's also about the process.
There is no way to peas; peas is the way.
- A. J. Muste
It isn't enough to talk about peas. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Imagine all the people living life in peas.
- John Lennon
- John Lennon
(All quotes edited - somewhat - by yours truly.)
For out on the edge of darkness
ReplyDeleteThere runs the peas train
Peas train take this country
Come take me home again
With apologies to Mr Cat Stevens (that was)
Cat had it going on!
ReplyDelete"Let peas begin with me
ReplyDeleteLet this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
With peas eternally.
Let ther be peas on earth,
And let it begin with me."
by Jill Jackson Miller - sort of . . . . .
G.G.,
ReplyDeleteI have done my part in creating peas. Now I challenge you to add to peas on earth during week 16 of your alphabet dinner.
Here's to peas eternally - or at least at dinner every once in awhile.
Peas is an easy path to tread
ReplyDeletePeas is where our fears are mislaid
Peas is beginning to restore
Peas for each man, woman and child
Peas for the troubled streets gone wild
Peas is for the old and the young
Peas in the end will overcome
Peas builds trust into a lifestyle
Peas is a friendly open hand
Peas is a place to understand
Peas in the end will overcome
Peas is for the old and the young
Peas is a legacy to leave
Peas is when we don't have to grieve
Peas is and end to all the hate
Peas is why we negotiate
Peas for all the victims of war
(with apologies to Paul McCann)
Week 16, eh? I was holding out for peanusts, popcorn, pretzels and pie!!! Coming up faster than I would have imagines when we started! We're already at week 12!
ReplyDeleteBut I'll think of you at Christmas, too, thhough it will never be the same: Sleep in Heavenly . . . peas.
May your peas flourish so have have peas to share with the world! ;-)
ReplyDeletePeas forever hot, peas forever cold,
ReplyDeletePeas forever in the world, eternally old;
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
All want it in the world , eternally old.
G.G.,
ReplyDeleteI think it's going to be a green Christmas this year.
Peas on the Earth, Goodwill to men.
Nick,
ReplyDeleteYes! Peas for each man, woman, and child! We have a message that no one can argue with!
A & J,
ReplyDeleteThank you! I WILL share peas with the world.
Peas & Love.
Foam,
ReplyDeleteGood one! I can remember that grade school game where we clapped our thighs, our hands,and then our partner's hands while we chanted about peas.
Funny, I didn't realize at the time that my friends were peas nicks.
And now we have to take it to the next level: Envision whirled peas.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Carol.
On this day, Earth Day, which could also be called Whirled Day, I thank you for your reminder of Whirled Peas, San!
ReplyDeleteMany peas to Moomy Earth today!
ReplyDelete