I LOVE birds!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Our Housemates
This photo isn't great, but finches are skittish little creatures, so I took the photo from inside, far from the door. Mom is in the nest and dad is next to it. I'm soooo hoping that they will stay this year. I don't know how many nests they've built here over the years, but they've never stayed until babies hatched. All doors to the backyard are near this nest, and the birds ALWAYS fly away when we even THINK about getting near their home, so I'm trying to be very quiet and slow as I let the Buddha dog in and out. I just wish that Buddha would understand this situation so that he wouldn't bang on the door when he wants in.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are wonderful friends with whom to share your home! I do not know if Buddha dogs can be quiet; I know Muffin couldn't. I assume that Miss Kitty pays no attention to the birds.
ReplyDeleteAlex and I say, have a blessed Easter.
You are right, Nick. Ms. Kitty, in her old age, is oblivious to the birds. Her younger self would have been climbing the screen, trying to get to them.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and a scratch behind the ears to Alex.
Good luck with this, Carol. As a Cubs fan, I know that hope springs eternal. (This will be the year!)
ReplyDeleteB.E., ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think that, sometimes, the hoping is part of the fun!
Hope they stay :-)
ReplyDeleteDancing,
ReplyDeleteI guess that I'm living U.K. time. I'm up at 2:30 a.m., my time, for some strange reason and just saw your comment come in.
I'm not feeling too hopeful about the birds sticking around. They were gone a lot yesterday and it was cold and rainy. If there are eggs there, they weren't kept warm. :-(
Your finches are very different than ours. Ours are pretty much oblivious to us.
ReplyDeleteThomas,
ReplyDeleteReading about finches, it looks like there are a gazillion kinds, so maybe there are a gazillion personality types, also. The ones we get here every spring fly away if I even think of going out of the door!