Sunday, April 19, 2009

Introducing the Owl Family, 2009

Dad




Mom
Can you see her?

The little sneaks. They nested inside a tree - WAY high. We were probably looking right at them last week and we didn't even see them. Somehow, a man found them and while he was watching them, my friend came upon him. If it weren't for that bird-watching stranger, we would probably never have found the nest.

Today I watched as two little, fluffy, white heads with beaks and big eyes peered around mom. Oh, it was WONDERFUL!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm so glad you located the owl family and can report on them. I loved the photos and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we have owls around- I've heard them, and found their castings- but I've never seen them.

    I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nick,

    I guess I'll just have to make myself go enjoy the owls more so that I can take more photos. A horrible job, but someone's got to do it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas,

    They are good at camouflage. I always check out every big nest that I find, but this time, they were in a hole in the side of a tree. So now, I'm always going to check out holes in trees AND nests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS wonderful, Carol. A few years ago we had owls nesting in our yard. They serenaded us by night.

    ReplyDelete