Saturday, December 18, 2010
Twas The Week Before Christmas
The traffic was busy
more shopping to do
people on cellphones
rushing on through.
They couldn't be bothered
by women with signs.
Twas as though they were rushing
to stand in more lines.
A man he approached me,
I don't know his name.
He asked me some questions,
he was playing a game.
Are you for or against
abortion he asked.
I said not a thing
So he took me to task.
Shake it or nod it
he said of my head
and when I didn't
he went on and said
If you don't shake your head
then I'll tell you, I know
that you're pro abortion,
and away he did go.
I was standing for peace,
but he had his agender
Thought he could read minds
and, well, this story ends here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ted Geisel would be proud! :)
ReplyDeleteJust need the mindreading to end and the conversations and listening to begin. xx
ReplyDeleteYou did the right thing by not answering to his agenda.
ReplyDeleteWe're so close to Christmas
And still we forget
that speaking of peace . . .
We're not nearly there, yet.
;-)
Agreed, Dancing.
ReplyDeleteG.G.,
ReplyDeleteThe poet has run
out of my brain,
so from writing peaceful rhymes
I'll have to refrain.
:-)
He really didn't need to know the answer to his question since he undoubtedly considers women to be simple, single-opinioned creatures
ReplyDeleteOr maybe he feels that way about all "liberals."
Whatever.
WE know the women in black are diverse, intelligent, wonderfully opinionated and we thank you for standing for peace!
Liz,
ReplyDeleteI just felt sad at the thought of a man with no wonder.
Thank you for your sweet support!