Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh, What A Day

With four layers
of sweaters and jackets
on the top part of my body
and a double-layered bottom half,
I still shivered
while standing in silence for peace.

Only a week prior,
we stood vigil in t-shirt weather.
80 degrees.

Makes a body crazy, I tell ya.

Anyway...
I came home, warmed myself with hot soup
and even warmer conversation.

Our third "official" interreligious gathering.
Three of us in my living room,
plus one by phone.

Islam, Judaism, Sufism, and the Integral Perspective
all represented in one room
with the intention of
exploring
listening
understanding.

So beautiful.

Something happens that is
inexplicable.

The only words I know
that come close are

Open-hearted
Love

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for your living example of the power of women to bring about peace and justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.E.,

    I struggled with your sweet comment. Who am I to accept such a beautiful thank you from someone who lives a committed life of service and the opening of eyes? But then I also asked who am I to not graciously accept my role in the same theater?

    So, thank you, B.E.! And thank you for your tireless work that makes our world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You set a good example for the rest of us. You make my world a better place because I learn things here.

    I wondered how much snow was out your way. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, G.G. I learn from your example, also. You've got your priorities right!

    We got snow a few days ago and then again today. About 3 inches the first time and a dusting today. Nothing like yours. We are WAY behind in moisture (so if you get extra.... you know where we are!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went into Nov well behind in moisture, too, so I'm sure on some level the wet dumping was welcome - if there is more absorbed than running off. We got 8 - 9 inches on Saturday alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful banner photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, G.G.!

    It was taken a few winters ago. I was reading my old blog, which is an interesting exercise, and I found this photo. I still have a lot of posts to go, so who knows what else I'll find???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you lost your old blog. But that memory comes from when I had barely started blogging, so maybe I made it up. Glad you have it. Thanks for sharing the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G.G.,

    No, you didn't make it up! I had forgotten about that. What ended up happening is that I have all of my archives on my carolforpeace.com site but I can never add anything to them.

    Kind of a nice closing of an era, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol: Thanks for telling me that I had my memory right. I'm never certain . . . I'm glad to know you have the archives, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such connectedness will help in weathering the changing temperatures (and times.)

    ReplyDelete