I guess I'd better post something today so that we can all forget yesterday's Halloween post...
Mr. CfP and I just spent four days in the mountains at a quaint little dog-friendly getaway destination in Frisco.
Scene: Quaint, little dog-friendly, wooden complex of buildings with giant mountain backdrop. A dusting of snow remains from the previous weekend's snowstorm. Mr. CfP gets out of the car to go into the office. A man who appears to be in his late 50s/early 60s walks up to Mr. CfP.
Man: Are you here to check in?
Mr. CfP: Yes.
Man: Right on!
Right on!!! I LOVE it! Haven't heard that since the early 70s when I used to hang out at the park wearing my bell bottoms and playing Frisbee.
Whooohooooo!!!! Honey, I'm home!
It was LOVELY. Other than exploring the area by walking among the aspens and pines every day, we were kind of lazy. Well, actually, that would be VERY lazy. It was renewing.
I didn't even take a single photo! Lugged the camera up there and left it in its case.
But we did watch the Rally for Sanity and/or Fear. (Which couldn't have happened at home, considering the television here is solely for videos and has no cable or dish or any of that other stuff hooked up to it.)
The highlights for me:
Yusuf Islam (because I love the man)
Kid Rock's new song, "Care"
Jon Stewart's closing speech
Since I don't have any photos from our little trip, I'll just have to post a photo of a piece of one of our homegrown beets.
I dedicate this beet photo to the DUDE at the quaint little dog-friendly getaway destination. I think he'd like its tie-dyed look.

Right on! What a post! And mmm, now I want to eat beets. :) And I forget, are we meeting this month or not?
ReplyDeleteOtowi,
ReplyDeleteYep! We are scheduled for the 13th. I hope that still works for you. I will send out a reminder email soon.
Carol, I won't even TRY to catch up on your back posts. I've vanished from blogland for an absurd stretch of time, but I'm glad to have landed back on this big red beet. Right on, dude!
ReplyDeleteYour getaway sounds heavenly. I'm long overdue for something like that.
I do have to check out the Halloween post though. I'm intrigued.
Good to hear from you, San! From your blog post, it sounds like you got yourself a nice, long vacation with room service and everything! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm catching up too - took me ages to figure out the beet photo until I REALLY read the post.
ReplyDeleteDancing - Sometimes my mind goes on tie-dyed trips that no one can figure out! ;-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! Did this quaint little desination have a name? ;-)
ReplyDeleteA & N,
ReplyDeleteWoods Inn - http://www.woodsinn.biz/index.htm
Why? Are you planning on coming to Colorado??? ;-)