This morning, Mr. CfP and I loved all over the furry guy and, in celebration, I shared some of my morning sauerkraut* with the birthday boy. He LOVES sauerkraut!
Last night, we started Buddha on a medication which was suggested as a result of his echocardiogram. It already seems to be helping - I never noticed his gaggy cough during the night and I haven't heard it this morning! If it makes life a little easier for the guy, I'm all for it.
I was starting to think that it was sad that I can't play "rope" with Buddha for his birthday. I can't chase him around the house like I used to and we can't hike for hours. Then I realized that, for my birthday, as I, ahem, "mature", I no longer want to play pin-the-tail on the donkey and I don't want to go out to a bar and drink too much. Who's to say that Buddha doesn't want a celebration more appropriate for his wise, elder age? Maybe he'd rather just enjoy some sauerkraut?
My favorite photo - Buddha all ready for a 3D movie
* This is how weird I am: My usual breakfast consists of a small bowl of sauerkraut - either homemade or the good stuff from the health food store - and two pieces of dry toast made from Elana's Pantry's gluten free, almond flour bread recipe. Super yum!

Happy Birthday Buddha!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday to your beloved buddha dog!
ReplyDeleteoh, i grew up in germany during the 70s. my mother would go to the health food store and purchase the organic sauerkraut. we ate it on bread a lot. and sometimes i would eat it that way for breakfast too.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to the handsome fella behind the glasses! Just got a txt from my sis, she's making kraut these days. It's that time isn't it?!! And a wink and a nod to the gal who came out of the cave to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteOtowi,
ReplyDeleteBuddha would thank you, but he's busy licking his paw right now...
Thanks, Foam.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for helping me to realize that I'm not weird - if you ate sauerkraut for breakfast in Germany, I'm in good company!
G.G.,
ReplyDeleteIsn't he handsome?
Sauerkraut - it's what for breakfast! (Do you think THAT commercial will go over very big?)
It's kinda nice out here out of my cave - except when it isn't!
Happy, happy, a very happy birthday, Mr. Buddha. I love you, my doggie friend.
ReplyDeleteHappyz biwfdayz, Buddha woofie doggie! I wuvz u 2! OK?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Buddha!
ReplyDeleteOne of our cats is on a special diet for decreased kidney function, and the results have been amazing. Just a few days of the new food took ten years off of her. We're lucky to live in times when there's so much we can do for our little furry buddies.
Thanks, Thomas!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your little furry friend is doing better. We ARE very, very lucky.
Oh, Nick and Alex!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to thank you for the Buddha boy! Too busy partying with that sauerkraut, I guess.
Buddha gives nuzzles and licks back to ya!
Your dog looks like an absolute sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteOur little dog, Billy, is very sick right now. He has a terminal liver shunt and it is really hard to know his days are limited. They are part of the family! Right?
Happy Birthday Buddha! Many more!
A & N,
ReplyDeleteYes. Buddha is the bestest buddy a woman could have.
I'm so sorry to hear about Billy. They ARE a part of the family - a part of the family that loves unconditionally and never complains. So very, very special. Awwww.... kisses to Billy and hugs to you all. It breaks my heart...