Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Different Point of View

While on the Cape last month, our nephew, David, who is nearing the ripe old age of 7, discovered photography, thanks to Mr. CfP's point and shoot digital camera. David took hundreds of photos and I think that he has a good eye. Below is just a sampling of his artwork.

Appreciating the gift that comes when we can glimpse the world through the eyes of a child, I added some of the lyrics of the Moody Blues song, "Eyes of a Child". If you want, you can click on the video and listen to the song while viewing the photos.








Listen hear the sound
The child awakes
Wonder all around
The child awakes





Now in his life he never must be lost
No thoughts must deceive him
In life he must trust




With the eyes of a child
You must come out and see
That your world's spinning 'round



And through life you will be
A small part
Of a hope




Of a love
That exists










In the eyes of a child you will see

14 comments:

  1. Great photos - a very good eye. I love the photo with the toes!

    I'm looking forward to looking at the world through the eyes of a child again ... and experiencing what they can teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's got a really wonderful eye!! very interesting photos! my 13 year old took several photos during a trip this year. his viewpoint was equally interesting and his photos better then mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dancing... You are going to have so much fun! Little ones are so beautiful! Please share as you go along this new path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foam,

    Doesn't he have a great eye? I'd love to see your son's photos, too. Oh yeah, I was going to put in a photo request on your blog, wasn't I???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing his pix. Isn't it great to step back and let someone else re-introduce us to the world from their perspective? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful video you have posted i love it so much and found it so relaxing reading your post. All the pic are awesome. He do have a talent which eveyone should be greatful.

    Love
    Sabi Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would've known an enlightened photographer was hiding in child. Indeed the world is more simple when you are 7. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G.G.,

    Spoken from one who truly knows. And I appreciate that you allow me and others to get glimpses of the world through Goodnight's lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sabi,

    I'm glad that you enjoyed the video and the photos. Yes, we are all blessed by the view that young people offer us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A & N,

    And thank YOU for stopping by and enjoying the photos! I do believe that you have something there. My mind can often get caught up in thinking about what it takes to do things right so I can get a good photo. The simplicity of being 7 allowed our nephew to just go for it. He didn't think about it; he just had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the pictures! He clearly has artistic eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thomas,

    "artistic eyes". I'll have to tell him that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love David's photos. I would like permission to print a couple of them! Would he like his first paid commission? Thanks for Mr CarolforPeace for giving him a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic eye - and eye for beauty and symmetry and serenity.

    ReplyDelete