Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flowers Everywhere

Early morning fog on Whidbey Island


I'm back from a week on Whidbey Island. While there, I had a day to be a tourist before my retreat began. "Retreat" is probably not the right word for the experience. Yes, I retreated from the "outside" world, but I did sit in a sort of "class" for much of the time. I was surrounded by 27 other people all day and had two room-mates at night. My idea of retreat involves a lot of hermitting and having as much free time as I want, so I guess this trip didn't qualify for that.

Last night after I got home, I went to bed at 7:45 and I slept until around 6:30 this morning. That's what a week of 27 people, along with deep inquiry into all of my belief systems, does to me.


Soon I will tell you about the rhododendron gardens on Whidbey. Rhododendrons were never interesting to me before, but I truly enjoyed the amazing walk in beauty they provided.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. it's certainly pretty! But I have to agree that a retreat with 27 people isn't really a retreat. That sounds more like an ambush! :)



    ~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chani,

    Thank you for the affirmation that I'm not the only one who doesn't feel "retreated" when there are so many people. You gave me a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Carol! Your idea of a retreat is the same as mine.

    The first pick reminds me of camping beside a lake in southwestern Kentucky. I loved awakening to the crisp air and foggy lake and especially the sounds of the birds and animals.

    I'm looking forward to more pics and tales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nick!

    Mornings with fog and birds are magical, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete