Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To Infinity and Beyond!

I hadn't seen her for... two years? Three? We never call. We RARELY email. But, for some reason, a couple of weeks ago, we set up a time for me to go to her house for tea. Being with her is as comfortable as the big, soft sofa that I plopped myself into at her house. Effortless. Soothing. Familiar. Real. Free.

Then, today, in the mail, I got these from her:


Now, how fun is THAT??? Valentines and fruity teas. (I drank the Blueberry right away, because it's a blueberry kind of day.)

And I quickly regressed back to grade school and memories of white paper bags with red construction paper hearts. The valentines my classmates would deliver. And candy hearts with weird sayings on them. I like the pinks and yellows best. The greens... not so much.


Love you, Diane. You rule! Be my icon(???) Be Good. So Fine.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to got to meet with your friend ... those squishy sofa kind of friends are great ... the ones you never have to explain yourself to or justify things to.

    Strangely enough I was looking at photos of Lovehearts as a Valentine's Day header for my blog ... you might be interested in reading about the English version
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Hearts

    Hope your feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, Dancing! Your heart candies are fizzy and foamy! Much more interesting!

    You must have some squishy sofa friends, too, because you know exactly what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have squishy sofa friends!

    Back to the Love Hearts ... just looked at the company website which made me smile!

    http://www.swizzels-matlow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's quite the site! It reminds me of the game, Candyland. Only this is way, way more complex! I think that one could spend a whole day checking out all of the little gadgets and links and things.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentines and fruity teas and pink candy hearts (my favorites) is great fun!

    ReplyDelete