Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hey! Who Turned Out the Lights?

For some unknown reason, I have begun (again) to read the book, "A Peace Carol (2008 - 2011)".  It is a book of the posts of this blog which Mr. CFP had printed into a nice, hardcover book.  This photo of the late, great Buddha dog is on the front cover.

Sigh...




I am actually enjoying my moments of reading my first (and last) published book.  That surprises me. I have journaled off and on for much of my life, and I usually get slobber-on-myself bored when I go back and read my own writing.  Not so this time.

So I start to wonder who turned off the lights?  There has been so little creative light illuminating this place.  Over the past few months, I have felt like a dried up ballpoint pen.  All of the wonderings and philosophizings and editorializings that were fodder for my earlier blog posts are gone. 

Something died. 

Or it's sleeping. 

If you're in there, WAKE UP, creative juices!

***

Today, while standing at our Women in Black vigil, a young man walked up to each of us, one at a time, to say something.  I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying until he got to me.  Here is what he said:  "Excuse me, could I borrow a smile?"  I couldn't help but to burst out in a BIG smile, because I had kind of thought that this was what he was saying:  "Excuse me could I borrow a cigarette?"  I was all prepared to indicate that I had none, so the "smile" word caught me completely off guard, and the young man got his request.  Only I didn't LEND it to him.  I gave it away freely.


***

There must be a dog that wants a new home somewhere in the Denver area, because there is a magnetic pull which is drawing Mr. CFP and I toward the local animal shelters.  I think that tomorrow, we will go see if we can find the source of the pull.  Trying not to get too excited, because we are holding high expectations for a pretty darn perfect dog after our experience with Buddha.  Can any living creature meet such expectations?  I am thinking that the addition of an unconditional love type of animal into this home might just help get the lights turned back on.  I hope so...

If Mr. Right doesn't find us tomorrow, he will have to wait until next month, because I will soon be going away to get rejuiced at one of my favorite hermit-supporting destinations.

10 comments:

  1. Your creative juices were sleeping? I couldn't tell. But I understand. Mine have withered away a long time ago. It's hard to blog sans juice.

    What a nice gift you gave the young an. That wee snippet into a moment of your life bought a smile to my face too .. :) .. See?

    And i am so excited about a future mr right. Can't wait for him/her to find you. We want photos when that happens. Have q great Saturday evening and sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foam, It IS hard to blog without some juice. I am sure that your creative juices are flowing somewhere, somehow. Maybe just not onto your blog in this moment. I'll be hovering around your blog, though, in case you decide to come back.

    Oh, definitely. There will be photos galore! I will try to restrain myself from being too indulgent, though... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing about a blog is that you don't HAVE to post if you don't want to.

    Forget your high expectations of a dog coming up to Buddha's standards (after all not every dog will chase its tail!) The right dog for you will find you .... I know it.

    Last week I watched a TV programme about Battersea Dogs' Home in London and it featured a lovely little dog called Bonzo with the most amazing character. I'm not a huge fan of little dogs but this one would capture anyone's heart. He went to a lovely family (a dad, 2 little girls and a little boy).

    See I'm rambling again - will be thinking of you today (you'll still be asleep as I'm writing this)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dancing,

    Thanks for thinking of us today as we trekked all over, trying to find the dog who is waiting for us. After checking out three kennels, we didn't find him today. Guess he's not ready for us yet.

    I'm not much of a little dog person myself, but I know that I could love any dog - especially one with an amazing character. I'm glad Bonzo got a good home. I wish for good homes for all of the animals who are homeless or living in shelters. It breaks my heart to see them there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped back to check out how you get on.

    It was ages before we tracked down Kizzy and even when we met her I wouldn't make a decision instantly but let "the world take a turn" before I did.

    That dog is waiting for you somewhere.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing, yep, he just needs to let us know where he is! Since we are looking for him in shelters, we won't have the luxury of letting "the world take a turn" before we decide he is right for us. The turn-over is very fast for young shelter dogs. But I do trust that we will be at the right place at the right time.

    It seems that you did well in your choice of Kizzy. Your wait was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He / she will be there for you when the time is right! I went to Denver Dumb Friends looking at another dog I saw on line and she was "out being video-ed" (excuuuse me!) so I looked around and... there was Ceili. So! You know it will happen, and that dawg will be the luckiest dawg in the Denver Metro when it does. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz! You give me renewed energy to do the drive to the DDFL whether they have a dog on their site or not. Yesterday, I was monitoring the website all day (they said they update it hourly), but the right dog didn't show up. Tonight, we will drive there whether we see "our dog" on the site or not. If our dog isn't awaiting us tonight, we will have to wait until October to look again.

    How is Ms. Ceili doing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The creative juices seem to be all dammed up in my life, too! They'll come back to ya, soon, I hope! In the meantime, enjoy your search for your new furbaby. I don't have any dogs, but now and then I do a pet sit job for a friend and get to enjoy other people's dogs for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, Amy, maybe creative juices need down time in order to percolate.

    I wish that you lived closer. We're going to need some dog sitters since my son is no longer available for the job (He's working two jobs and he has a cat to care for.) I would love to let you hang out with whatever dog happens to decide he wants to live with me!

    ReplyDelete