Friday, March 4, 2011
I Didn't Go
Yesterday my friends (most of whom I'd never met before today) left for Crestone without me. I went to the Conoco station where we always rendezvous on the way out of town and I got to see them off. (Hey Dancing, one couple was from England - delightful people.)
There is some sadness here, but I'm mostly over that. I feel like I grew up a little. My decision was a 100% selfless, going against what I wanted for me.
There will be other times that I can do what I want. This is the one time that I can be here for my parents as my dad is born into his next stage.
My new friends are taking a piece of me with them. I am so very lucky to be so loved and supported.
Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hurt for you, Carol. Sending you a big hug. I'm really proud of you, too--you beautiful person.
ReplyDeleteahhh, sweat pea ....
ReplyDeletei so know how you feel.
((hugs))
Thank you for the big hug, B.E. It felt really good. Ahhhhhh....
ReplyDeleteFoam, I know you do... Thank you for your hugs. They mean a lot.
ReplyDeleteMore love and support here ... xx
ReplyDeleteThank you, Dancing!
ReplyDeleteMe too, CfP. I didn't know it was so near. You're a good daughter. Take a second to face the East and feel the breeze of support from me on your face, too.
ReplyDeleteI feel it, G.G.! Thanks so much! :-)
ReplyDeleteCarol, that's a good decision. Good for your parents, and good for your peace of mind. A peace carol kind of decision.
ReplyDeleteBlessings...
Thank you, San! I have no regrets.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you, too.