No time left for you
On my way to better things
No time left for you
I found myself some wings
No time left for you
Distant roads are calling me
- The Guess Who
Wowsers! Things have been crazy busy! And now I am getting ready to leave. Flying out tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. Oh my yawn-ness gracious! I'll have to be up at 4:00 a.m. for that.
Another song applies here:
Running on empty...
- Jackson Brown
I'm excited about some of the stuff that has been happening (maybe I'll write about that at another time, maybe not) and I'm a little challenged by other stuff, particularly the parental situation.
My mom broke her shoulder yesterday and since she is the primary caretaker for my 90 year old dad with severe dementia, this is not ideal. Besides my dad's memory problems, he has physical problems that really require a caretaker. Time will tell...
Of course my mom's little accident occurred at a less-than-ideal time - a day and a half before my flight to MICHIGAN to see my friend who I love and adore. I have never been to see her there. Being with her is a very healing experience for me. It will be great.
Did you know that my friend's parents live a couple of doors down from Michael Moore? They know him as a neighbor. What would I say to him if, by some fat chance I got to meet him???
Adios, Amigos!
Sorry to hear about your Mum, Carol ...
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great time in Michigan with your friend.
Let us know if you bump into Michael Moore won't you?
I'm so glad you are flying off. I hope you have a great time. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, though. I wish her a speedy recovery. GG
ReplyDeleteI hope that by this time you have met Michael Moore. Your Mom and Dad remain in my prayers; I really do think that it is caregiver time for both of them.
ReplyDeleteDancing,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet thoughts.
No Michael Moore sighting. :-( I did see his house, though.
Thanks, G.G.
ReplyDeleteI had a great time. Now, slowly adjusting to being back home. Mom doing not-so-well...
SSN,
ReplyDeleteI bombed on the Michael Moore front. My friend's parents rarely see him.
Thanks for your prayers. I think that maybe, almost, sort of, my mom is accepting that help is needed.